The Ohio Department of Aging is hiring a Deputy Director. From the agency:
We are seeking candidates that have the proven ability to:
- Drive results with a sense of urgency to move the aging network forward
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees, vendors, clients, and the public
- Advocate for the population we serve
- Present him/herself as professional and knowledgeable
We are seeking a candidate who can take us from a program-based agency to a strategic entity with impact. Duties include:
- Develop data-informed policies related to Aging, Medicaid, Medicare, and the Older Americans Act
- Modernize Ohio's long-term care system
- Find sustainable solutions for issues impacting the aging population such as transportation, housing, healthcare, and caregiving
- Encourage others to prioritize public health
- Prepare Ohio for an unprecedented demographic transition
This position will have a direct impact on the agency's overall performance and make a difference to Ohio's aging population, especially during COVID-19.
We are committed to filling this position quickly. We will be reviewing applications weekly and interviews will be scheduled subsequently.