OPEN, Inc., which serves as the backbone organization of the Oral Health Progress and Equity Network (OPEN), seeks an experienced professional to serve as its Executive Director. The Executive Director will serve at the pleasure of the Board of Directors (National Oral Health Connection Team) of OPEN, Inc. This executive will have full responsibility for all functions of the organization subject to the direction of the Board, including but not limited to: serving as the chief executive officer for OPEN, Inc.; providing strategic direction in order to meet fiscal, operational, and mission-based objectives as defined by the Board; providing leadership, guidance, and support to the Board; serving as a voting member of the Board and the executive committee of the Board; presenting annual budgets, business plans, and program designs that further the purpose and mission of OPEN, Inc.; seeking opportunities to expand OPEN, Inc., and position it as a strong and sustainable backbone for OPEN and a leading organization in public health; developing and cultivating relationships at the local, state, and national levels that position OPEN, Inc., for success; leading the OPEN, Inc., staff to fulfill on existing responsibilities while developing strategy and programming that furthers OPEN, Inc.’s profile and reach for the long term; providing sufficient oversight to ensure the best possible offerings furnished by OPEN, Inc.; training and developing OPEN, Inc., staff to position them for career advancement and continued professional success; and performing all other duties and responsibilities as assigned by the Board.
OPEN Inc. is dedicated to eliminating racial inequities in oral health. Successful candidates will demonstrate the ability to successfully work with multicultural communities and lead a diverse team. This position will require approximately 50% travel.
Primary Job Responsibilities:
The following are key roles and responsibilities of the executive director:
▪ Maintain OPEN’s identity and credibility with OPEN members, advancing the reputation of OPEN, Inc., as a key source of support and resourcing for OPEN members.
▪ Build, cultivate, and expand relationships with current and new partners that translate into funding and other resource attainment.
▪ Be consistently available to OPEN members, OPEN, Inc., staff, and OPEN’s stakeholders.
▪ Oversee the successful launch of OPEN, Inc.’s, social enterprise offerings and the implementation of the development strategy for public and private funding.
▪ Execute and support the governance structure of OPEN, Inc.
▪ Develop a long-term strategic plan for OPEN, Inc., as a leader in the field of public health.
▪ Work with the Board to develop a long-term staffing pattern and equitable hiring process
▪ Maintain excellent and authentic relationships with staff, the Board, OPEN members, and the broader public health and oral health fields.
▪ Foster a culture of continuous improvement for all OPEN, Inc., activities.
▪ Provide support for both virtual and in-person meetings.
▪ Conduct outreach to and engage with new members virtually and at in-person meetings.
*There is no decision about the specific job location at this time, however the current estimate is that the position will require about 50% travel.