The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Division of Medicaid has an exciting opportunity for a dynamic forward thinking, self-directed, innovative professional with strong analytical skills who can excel under pressure as a Medicaid Chief Financial Officer. This individual will have primary responsibility for budgeting, forecasting, complex financial analysis and management of provider reimbursement and financial recovery activities and will work a flexible schedule Monday through Friday with holidays off and has the opportunity to telecommute.
The Department is seeking an individual with executive leadership experience, strong communication and
problem-solving skills including managing multiple programs, dealing with ambiguity, and providing vision and strategic leadership in a public environment. The ideal candidate will also have prior experience in healthcare finance, be adept at cultivating strong stakeholder relations, and have an adept ability to manage budget issues that are complex, diverse, and cross multiple subject areas.
This individual will join an agency which is the second largest healthcare payer in Idaho with a budget of $3.1 billion dollars annually. They provide healthcare coverage and services to promote the social, economic, mental, and physical health of over 300,000 Idahoans, promoting an outcome-based, efficient health and human services delivery system.
They offer a competitive benefits package which includes excellent medical, dental and vision insurance; generous vacation (earn up to five weeks/year) and sick leave accrual beginning as soon as you start; ten paid holidays a year; participation in one of the Nation's best state retirement systems; multiple savings plans and optional 401K; life insurance; wellness programs; ongoing training opportunities; and more.
Example of Duties
- Exercise broad authority in planning, organizing, implementing, monitoring and evaluating division financial operations and the financial condition of programs administered by the division.
- Develop, prepare and provide accurate and reliable monthly budgeting and forecasting projection reports based on financial modeling. Include narratives, setting forth conclusions, potential risks and recommendations.
- Represent the division at recurring budget meetings, providing exceptional customer service and communicating essential information about financial issues with the Division Administrator, Deputy Directors, and budget analysts from both the Governor’s Office, Division of Financial Management (DFM) and Idaho’s Legislative Services Office.
- Provide a global overview of the division budgeting activities. Directly support Division Administrator with preparation of annual legislative appropriations presentation and testimony language.
- Promote division credibility with legislature and other partners through professional preparation and quality presentation of information and data geared to the need of the audience.
- Key contributor responsible in setting the division’s $3.1 billion a year budget creation. Support and direct the preparation, submission and defense of the division annual budget requests, line items, supplemental and maintenance. Review, edit, explain and defend the division budget during the budget preparation process.
- Prepare complex data packages and reports to document the divisions financial performance. Respond to internal, federal and state auditors.
- Combine knowledge of applicable state and federal rules, regulations, policies and laws, division and department program objectives, best practices and policies, and governmental accounting and budgeting policies and procedures to identify financial issues, potential problems and propose solutions.
- Monitor division revenue and expenditures to ensure appropriations are not exceeded and that program spending best achieves division objectives, utilizes federal funding whenever possible, and avoids penalties. Identify potential cross-organizational impacts of program budgets to aid in managing financial risks of the agency.
- Identify long term budgetary adjustments, assisting managers in developing new budget proposals. Consolidate budgets, verify the accuracy and content of budget documents prepared by division and program staff.
- Provide oversight and direction to supervisors and staff; hire, train, and evaluate supervisors and staff.
- Review work of professional staff as necessary, including critical work assignments and provide input and guidance to staff on difficult or controversial assignments.
- Respond to requests from legislators, local government officials, and the public; may testify before legislative committees on proposed legislation.
- Identify and resolve financial problems involving computerized accounting systems and subsystems. Provide independent financial management, analysis and support to the Administrator and other division leadership.
- Perform the required federal reporting, providing the financial data for monthly and quarterly CMS reporting. Validate Medicaid budget and expenditures data derived from source documents, including data warehouse, invoices, cost reports and eligibility records.
The Idaho Department of Health and Welfare, Division of Medicaid
Thursday, November 19, 2020
Saturday, December 19, 2020
Contact Email, Phone, or Address:
firstname.lastname@example.org, (208) 334-0681