CMS is hosting a training to provide states with monitoring strategies to ensure compliance with the HCBS Settings Rule. States are required to submit a Statewide Transition Plan (STP) to CMS to ensure their HCBS programs meet the criteria of the HCBS Setting Rule by March 17, 2023.
This training will:
- Review the states’ responsibilities for monitoring compliance with the HCB settings rule;
- Discuss the progress states have made in systemic remediation changes to assess implementation in 1915(c) waiver submissions and/or 1915(i) SPAs;
- Review the data report on the monitoring strategies used by states to achieve and maintain compliance with the home and community-based settings criteria;
- Consider an additional strategy for monitoring ongoing compliance with the settings rule by incorporating performance measures into the waiver assurances/quality improvement section of a state’s 1915(c) waiver submissions and, if applicable, into the state’s 1915(i) benefit quality improvement strategy.
- We will also review some current state examples.
Wednesday, October 14, 2020 - 1:30pm to 3:00pm EDT