The Center for Retirement Research at Boston College sponsors the annual Dissertation Fellowship Program in the field of retirement or disability research. The program is funded by the U.S. Social Security Administration and provides funding opportunities for doctoral candidates to pursue cutting-edge research on retirement or disability issues. Individuals from historically underserved or underrepresented communities are encouraged to apply.
Research focal areas include:
- Trends in disability;
- Work in the modern economy;
- Disabled beneficiaries and return-to-work;
- Informing long-term projections and models;
- Improving communication and outreach;
- Economic security of SSA beneficiaries;
- Disparities by race and ethnicity; and
- Improving service delivery.
Up to three $28,000 fellowships are awarded to doctoral candidates enrolled in an accredited program at a U.S. university. Grant recipients may be required to present their work to the Social Security Administration in Washington, DC or Baltimore, MD.
Click here to apply.