The Nebraska State Unit on Aging, within the Division of Medicaid and Long-Term Care, is recruiting a Program Coordinator, Legal Assistance Developer. The position is located in Lincoln, NE.
The position is a required position within the State Unit on Aging. This position oversees and manages several aspects of services for persons age 60+ in Nebraska, related to legal services, elder abuse awareness, elder justice, fraud awareness, and financial exploitation.
Two sections of the Older Americans Act outline the requirement for this position and the work expected. OAA Section 307(a)(13), and Section 731.
A degree in law and interest in elder law is preferred.
This position will …
- Coordinate the implementation of the Legal Risk Detector software, serving as a liaison between the vendor and the AAAs.
- Develop additional Managing Someone Else's Money guides.
- Coordinate the annual elder justice training.
- Write, review and analyze the legal assistance reports and compile the annual report for FY 2021.
- Assist contracting attorneys with advance directives clinics.
- Consult and review Long-Term Care Ombudsman Program cases upon request and provide guidance on legal issues and provide training to state and local ombudsman and AAA staff on legal issues.
This person may also present legal issues classes at local community colleges for seniors and their family.
The position is full-time, reports to the Administrator of the State Unit on Aging, and is located in the Nebraska State Office Building, 301 Centennial Mall South, Lincoln, NE. A valid driver’s license is required for statewide travel.
Applications must be submitted by April 15, 2021.
Click here for more information.
Nebraska Department of Health and Human Services
Wednesday, March 31, 2021
Thursday, April 15, 2021
Contact Email, Phone, or Address:
Full or Part Time: