2020 HCBS Conference: Taking Place in D.C. and Virtually- Registration Opens in August
- We are still planning to host the HCBS Conference live and in-person in Washington, D.C. on December 8-11, 2020 at the Marriott Wardman Park hotel! The safety of our conference attendees is our top priority. Please be aware that masks will be required at all times. Hand washing stations and hand sanitizing stations will be made available. Hotel staff will be cleaning and disinfecting surfaces with increased frequency. Plexiglass barriers will be installed on exhibit booths throughout the exhibit hall and spaced accordingly to allow for social distancing. Because we are not taking any chances when it comes to your health and safety, attendance may be limited in order to allow for proper social distancing measures. ADvancing States is closely monitoring local and national guidance to ensure the health and safety of all attendees.
- We have added a Virtual HCBS Conference option so that sessions and the virtual exhibit hall can come to those unable to travel, replicating the robust agenda happening in real life during December 8-11, 2020. We are thrilled to add this option for attendees, having now completed our first multi-day online conference for members this June. We have tested and proved that remote events can offer a robust experience with meaningful content and plentiful networking opportunities— Check out what people are saying about our last virtual event:
"Clever/easy to navigate – very creative… Really liked the platform!... Loved the fun music/stretching in between sessions… Loved the preplanning (collateral box that was sent, lunch/food delivery). Organizers did a great job!” -Aetna sponsor
"I learned a lot and it’s clear this is a group of people that values and enjoys one another – a testament to the warm atmosphere you create" -Alaska State Member
"Kudos...on a great event. It was one of our first virtual events and was definitely the most hi tech. It was great to see such great engagement from conference attendees." -UnitedHealthcare sponsor
HCBS registration for both in-person attendance and virtual attendance opens in August; D.C. hotel reservations open in August too!
Call for Sessions
In light of the Conference postponement, we will be reopening the HCBS Call for Sessions to allow for additional submissions with a focus on the impact of and response to COVID-19. The new submission deadline for the 2020 HCBS Conference is Wednesday, July 15.
We want to hear from you about the obstacles your agency or organization has faced during the pandemic and how you have responded.
- Do you have unique ways you have overcome adversity?
- Are you collaborating with new partners during this time?
- Have you utilized technology in unexpected ways?
Send us examples of how your organization has worked to build resilience during the COVID-19 response so that we can highlight lessons learned that may help others navigate through crisis. Submit here today!
Sponsorship and Exhibit hall opportunities available for 2020- email Ali Blandford Diaz at email@example.com to learn more!