CMS is looking to gather information from individual health care staff on emergency preparedness. The input and lessons-learned from this session will be used to evaluate CMS regulations regarding emergency preparedness for certain health care providers. CMS is especially interested in hearing input on these questions:
- How has the extended duration of the COVID-19 public health emergency affected the workforce at your facility/employer? How has your facility/employer addressed any staffing shortages? How has your facility/employer approached the delivery of patient/resident care in light of staffing shortages?
- What are some innovative approaches that your facility/employer has taken to address the impacts of emergency situations on health care staff?
- What resources are available in your community to support health care workers during and after emergency events?
- How often (if at all) do you participate in emergency preparedness exercises, and what do those exercises entail? How did the exercises prepare you to address actual emergency situations?
- What can CMS do to ensure a more resilient healthcare workforce to withstand future emergencies?
This listening session will be held on Tuesday, September 27, 2022, from 1:00 to 2:30 p.m. ET.
Click here to register.