On Wednesday, April 15th, ADvancing States and our partners at the National Association of State Directors of Developmental Disabilities Services (NASDDDS) sent a letter to Congress outlining additional legislative requests to assist state aging, disability, and LTSS agencies as they respond to the COVID pandemic. Specifically, the letter requests:
- Further increase the Medicaid Federal Medical Assistance Percentage (FMAP) to a total of 12%;
- Allow states to provide Medicaid retainer payments to additional provider categories and for extended periods of time as warranted by the emergency;
- Provide additional supports to ensure that older adults and people with disabilities have access to food;
- Delay the CURES Act Electronic Visit Verification penalties;
- Delay the proposed Medicaid Financial Accountability Regulation (MFAR); and
- Provide additional resources for Adult Protective Services to respond to abuse, neglect, and exploitation.
Click here to read the full letter.